Your career at Validity Labs
Smart Contract Developer (m/f/d) – Remote or Zurich
Calling all Smart Contract Developers: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that develops products and creates added value for our society? If you’re an experienced Smart Contract Developer then come work with us!
Validity Labs is an innovative software development studio building solutions using state of the art technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving new economy working on new fundamentals by using disruptive technology such as blockchain requires new ways to work with the ever growing data-sets. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Conceptualize, develop, test and implement Ethereum based smart contracts
- Connect web3 services that interact with various back-end technologies
- Responsible for the full life cycles of your development
- Not afraid of writing documentation and maintaining it
- Map business requirements into architectures and conceptualize PoCs
- Analyse transaction and usage statistics to identify and prioritize areas for improvement such as GAS optimisation
- Review and evaluate new protocols of various types
- Explaining to both technical and non-technical clients the way in which a vulnerability manifests, the methods and consequences of an exploit, and a recommended fix, often in the form of written reports
- Assisting the protocol team from time to time with internal audits and protocol-level discussion
Skills & Requirements
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- 1-3 years of experience with writing smart contracts in Solidity & Rust
- Sound understanding of vulnerabilities within smart contracts
- Already completed a security audit is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners & clients
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English
- Good interpersonal skills and the teamwork spirit
- A good grasp of best-practices in smart-contract security
- Motivated to learn anything and everything new in the space
- Strong understanding of decentralized applications and cryptocurrencies
- Tokenomics is a plus
- General algorithmic and complexity-theoretic understanding of decentralized systems such as DHTs and / or distributed state machines
- Knowledge in cryptography, especially signature schemes and hash-based constructions
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent self-management skills, a high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- You know them all by heart; Ethereum tools (truffle, testrpc / ganache, web3.js, metamask, Remix, OpenZeppelin, geth, swarm, parity)
Understanding of the multiple blockchains including side-chains in general
Machine learning and/or NLP experience
Knowledge in advanced cryptography such as pairing-based cryptography and NIZK proofs is a big plus
Experience with React, Redux and other frontend technologies
Familiarity with Typescript or eagerness to learn it
Familiarity with relevant topics such as (AML/KYC, identity) is a plus
Some experience with Neo4j, BigQuery