Your career at Validity Labs
Smart Contract Auditor (EVM)
WRITE YOUR OWN CHAPTER, #BUIDL DECENTRALIZED TECHNOLOGIES WITH US AND BE A PART OF OUR BLOCKCHAIN FAMILY
Validity Labs is an innovative and one of the leading Swiss technology companies in the field of blockchain and decentralized technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving economy calling for serverless systems, decentralized products and services, innovation, digitalisation and radical improvement of old cumbersome processes. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
Validity Labs is an equal opportunity and self-realization employer. Everyone is welcome, regardless of origin, gender, age, or nationality, religion, or sexual orientation.
For our headquarter in Zurich we are looking for a Smart Contract Auditor m | f | d – full time – who develops innovative, decentralized products with us and creates added value for our society.
- Inspect and evaluate the correctness of blockchain protocols of various types and of various qualities.
- Explaining to both technical and non-technical clients the way in which a vulnerability manifests, the methods and consequences of an exploit, and a recommended fix, often in the form of written reports.
- Writing and evaluating tests.
- Using static analysis tools to discover vulnerabilities (and weeding out the false positives).
- Assisting the protocol team from time to time with internal audits and protocol-level discussion.
- Communicating with clients.
- Writing reports in English.
- Occasional educational session for students.
Skills & Requirements
- A Swiss/EU passport or a valid Swiss work permit.
- University degree in computer science or a related field such as math or electrical engineering.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire your colleagues.
- You are fluent in English, German is a bonus.
- General algorithmic and complexity-theoretic understanding of decentralized systems such as DHTs and / or distributed state machines.
- Building and / or auditing smart contract projects experience.
- Conceptual understanding of vulnerabilities and the eagerness to locate them.
- Knowledge in cryptography, especially signature schemes and hash-based constructions.
- Knowledge in advanced cryptography such as pairing-based cryptography and NIZK proofs is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Typescript and Rust and / or eagerness to learn them.
- General affinity to work with new technologies.
- Familiarity with blockchain relevant topics (AML/KYC, identity) is a plus.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent self-management skills, a high degree of organisation, individual initiative, and personal accountability.