Your career at Validity Labs
Senior Backend Developer (m/f/d) – Remote or Zurich
Calling all Backend Developers: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that develops products and creates added value for our society? If you’re an experienced Backend Developer then come work with us!
Validity Labs is an innovative software development studio building solutions using state of the art technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving new economy working on new fundamentals by using disruptive technology such as blockchain requires new ways to work with the ever growing data-sets. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
We are looking for a Backend Developer working alongside our Front End and Full Stack Developers, to build the next generation digital asset manager. You will be responsible for scalability, functionality, performance and data-set integration from external API(s). Automation should be your best friend and no stranger to maintaining and testing existing back end elements to ensure they’re as fast and efficient as possible. Data storage also comes under your remit, which requires to have a good knowledge of data security and compliance.
- Managing hosting environments
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Conduct UI tests and optimize performance
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
Skills & Requirements
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- You should ideally have experience working in a back end environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with Node.js and Express frameworks
- Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL and BigQuery databases
- Good grasp of modern software development tools (testing frameworks, CI/CD, version control, etc.)
- Knowledge of REST web services
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners & clients
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English
- Good understanding of blockchain technologies
- Experience with Solidity, frameworks such as web3.js/ethers.js
- Experience with Docker, NestJS and Neo4j