Your career at Validity Labs
Full-stack Web Developer (m/f/d) – Remote or Zurich
Calling all Full-stack Web Developers: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that develops products and creates added value for our society? If you’re an experienced Full-stack Web Developer then come work with us!
Validity Labs is an innovative software development studio building solutions using state of the art technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving new economy working on new fundamentals by using disruptive technology such as blockchain requires new ways to work with the ever growing data-sets. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Develop both consumer and business-facing products using modern web technologies such as TypeScript & React
- Code blockchain-enabled consumable endpoints using NestJs & Google Cloud Endpoints
- Create web interfaces and business logic for blockchain solutions using NextJs and deploy them as Docker images
- Ensure our web applications are secure and stable under heavy load
- Lead web projects collaboratively with our developer team and stakeholders
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our products and blockchain projects
- Take ownership of our product’s codebase, by regularly maintaining, testing it and going through healthy software releases
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value to our products
- Analyze, design, code, and test our products, ensuring we build functional, performant, scalable, and solid production-ready software in a timely manner
- Assist project and tech managers in making risk-managed planning and release decisions
Skills & Requirements
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English, but we also consider candidates that speak either native or fluent English and are happy to learn German
The successful candidate has a proven track record of:
- At least 2 years experience developing front-end applications. NextJs experience is a plus
- At least 2 years experience developing back-end applications. NestJs experience is a plus
- Able to demonstrate experience building a production-ready application from the ground-up to a publicly available URL
- Understanding concepts around Oauth2, HTTP, REST, secret management, basic Blockchain terminology
- General understanding about servers, Linux/Unix basic skills, DNS and networking
- Solid web software development processes, and proficiency with appropriate tooling to build and ship a product
- Delivering applications and solutions as a service to other developers or consumers
- Sound understanding of web security engineering principles
Candidates ideally covers as much as possible from the following tech stack:
Responsive / adaptive web app development
ReactJS / React Hooks
PostCSS & CSS-to-JS
Webpack + Parcel
noSQL (e.g. Firebase)
Git / GitHub+GitLab
Docker + Serverless
Unit and integration testing
Jira & Confluence
- Good understanding of the blockchain ecosystem in general and Ethereum specifically
- Experience in developing smart contracts in Solidity and Rust
- Ethereum tools (truffle, testrpc / ganache, web3.js, metamask, Remix, OpenZeppelin, geth, swarm, parity)
- Proven record of commitment to open source and community work, and experience in working in geographically distributed teams
- Basic knowledge of progressive web apps and offline first approach via service workers