Your career at Validity Labs
Full-Stack Web Developer
Validity Labs is an innovative and one of the leading Swiss technology companies in the field of blockchain and decentralized technologies. We inspire, live the innovation and #BUIDL products and services in the fast-paced field of blockchain technology. A rapidly evolving economy calling for serverless systems, decentralized products and services, innovation, digitalisation and radical improvement of old cumbersome processes. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy!
For our headquarter in Zurich, we are looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer for blockchain projects m | f | d – full time – who develops decentralized products with us and creates added value for our society.
Why you should work for Validity Labs:
Are you excited by the idea of working within an international, young and inspiring team with an open corporate culture? Then we are the perfect company for you!
You will work in a future-oriented company with interesting and varied customers and projects. Validity Labs offers an exciting bonus system for its employees. We ♥ Happy Socks and therefore you will receive a yearly allowance to purchase Happy Socks. We offer further training and education, record your development in a personal development plan and equip our employees with the latest hardware and software. Because your future is also our future! We focus on personal exchange, regular team meetings and joint events (e.g. have lunch or dinner together, play Lasertag. or Escape rooms, visit blockchain conferences and meet-ups and much more). Our employees are important to us, because we can only grow together as a team with a lively “we” culture.
Are you ready to become a part of our Blockchain family and leave a footprint in this growing space? Then we are looking forward to your application! Only complete applications consisting of:
– Resume and
– Cover letters will be considered.
- Develop both consumer and business-facing products using modern web technologies such as TypeScript & React.
- Code blockchain-enabled consumable endpoints using NestJs & Google Cloud Endpoints.
- Create web interfaces and business logic for blockchain solutions using NextJs and deploy them as Docker images.
- Ensure our web applications are secure and stable under heavy load.
- Lead web projects collaboratively with our developer team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the evolution and enhancement of both our products and blockchain projects.
- Take ownership of our product’s codebase, by regularly maintaining, testing it and going through healthy software releases.
- Leverage Agile practices to incrementally and iteratively deliver high value to our products.
- Analyze, design, code, and test our products, ensuring we build functional, performant, scalable, and solid production-ready software in a timely manner.
- Assist project and tech managers in making risk-managed planning and release decisions.
Skills & Requirements
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners.
- Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability.
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English, but we also consider candidates that speak either native or fluent English and are happy to learn German.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of
- At least 2 years experience developing front-end applications. NextJs experience is a plus.
- At least 2 years experience developing back-end applications. NestJs experience is a plus.
- Able to demonstrate experience building a production-ready application from the ground-up to a publicly available URL.
- Understanding concepts around Oauth2, HTTP, REST, secret management, basic Blockchain terminology.
- General understanding about servers, Linux/Unix basic skills, DNS and networking.
- Solid web software development processes, and proficiency with appropriate tooling to build and ship a product.
- Delivering applications and solutions as a service to other developers or consumers.
- Sound understanding of web security engineering principles.
Candidates ideally covers as much as possible from the following tech stack:
- Responsive / adaptive web app development
- ReactJS / React Hooks
- PostCSS & CSS-to-JS
- Webpack + Parcel
- noSQL (e.g. Firebase)
- Git / GitHub+GitLab
- Docker + Serverless
- Unit and integration testing
- Jira & Confluence
- Good understanding of the blockchain ecosystem in general and Ethereum specifically.
- Experience in developing smart contracts in Solidity and Rust.
- Ethereum tools (truffle, testrpc / ganache, web3.js, metamask, Remix, OpenZeppelin, geth, swarm, parity).
- Proven record of commitment to open source and community work, and experience in working in geographically distributed teams.
- Basic knowledge of progressive web apps and offline first approach via service workers.