Your career at Validity Labs
Data Analyst (m/f/d) – Remote or Zurich
Calling all Data Analysts: Are you looking for a new challenge? How would you like to work on something meaningful for an innovative team that develops products and creates added value for our society? If you’re an experienced Data Analyst, if you are highly analytical, have strong mathematical skills and are curious and inquisitive come work with us!
Validity Labs is an innovative software development studio building solutions using state of the art technologies. A rapidly evolving new economy working on new fundamentals by using disruptive technology such as blockchain requires new ways to work with the ever growing data-sets. Our company is made up of creative minds, out of the box thinkers, magic cube solvers and we are looking for you to complete our team and join our vision of contributing to a future of a decentralized economy! We are looking for a talented data analyst to join our Analytics team within the forensics department at Validity Labs. The position will be based in Zurich and fully integrated with the rest of the team. Working with law enforcement, prosecutors and lawyers, you will shape the usage of data, analyse big-data sets to support ongoing investigations and produce meaningful reports to clients and stakeholders.
What Makes You A Good Fit?
Commitment — Creating new features, products, and integrations takes time. We’re looking for someone that we can rely on in the long run. Our team is small but growing quickly so we want someone that is looking for a long-term role. This also means you’ll have the opportunity to grow into new roles and responsibilities as the company grows.
Proactiveness — As a decentralized team, we’re looking for self-starters. Those who enjoy taking the lead, figuring out what needs to be done and getting on with it. We don’t micromanage, so you need to have the motivation and know that everyone on the team is taking charge of their own workload, objectives, and deliverables.
Personality — We’re looking for someone that has a quality over quantity mindset when it comes to their code. We need someone that’s happy getting their hands dirty with any task that comes their way and someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Develop records management processes and policies
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Set up and maintain automated data processes
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data content
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques
- Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to the employer’s business
- Prepare reports for internal and external audiences using business analytics reporting tools
- Create data dashboards, graphs and visualisations
- Provide sector and competitor benchmarking
- Mine and analyse large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to management using a reporting tool
Skills & Requirements
- Swiss/EU passport or valid Swiss work permit
- Higher education degree in an industry-relevant field such as technology, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as Data Analyst in a cloud based environment (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud/Big Query)
- Significant experience working with large volumes of data and/or complex data models and capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly
- Strong statistical programming (e.g. R, Python) and querying databases (e.g. SQL) skills
- Experience working with BI and reporting tools (e.g. Power BI, DataStudio, Neo4J)
- Ability to translate unstructured questions into structured hypotheses and to communicate complex findings to an internal audience
- Strong teamwork skills, attention to detail and comfortable in working with teams in multiple locations
- An understanding of data protection issues
- Ideally you are a native German speaker and fluent in English
- Good understanding of the blockchain ecosystem in general and Ethereum specifically, machine learning and/or NLP
- Experience in developing smart contracts in Solidity and / or Rust
- Ethereum tools (truffle, testrpc / ganache, web3.js, metamask, Remix, OpenZeppelin, geth, swarm, parity)